Hi guys, today we are going to look at getting kodi onto you’re iPad or iPhone, basically because this is something we have been asked so many times that it really needs to be here + it really isnt that complicated…in theory. We hasten to add, this is a temporary fix & as far as we are aware, only lasts 7 days & as such we recommend the GSE App freely available from the App Store to run you’re streams. A tutorial on that is available here.
Actually getting kodi onto you’re iPad is incredibly easy & you do not need to void you’re nice shiney Apple warranty to do it. Below is a great article taken from the excellent Dr Geeky, more interesting tech stuff from him here.
Our sasiptv kodi Repository can be dowloaded from here & runs on iDevices really smoothly within Kodi. Check out more about that here, by far the simplest solution for you’re streaming needs. sasiptv Add-On comes complete with a fully automated Electronic program guide, removing the time consuming process of saving channels to favourites, then re-inserting them into youre favourite Guide, or configuring a Meta Or Metalliq, good tho they are.
*First of all you will need to download a couple of files on your PC. It doesn’t matter if you have, Windows, Mac or Linux, It works the same.
*I have listed all the files, programs and hardware you will need for this tutorial to go smoothly.
- You will need iTunes installed on your PC, doesn’t have to be running. Just have to be installed.
- Lightning or 30-pin cable to connect your iOS device with PC.
- Un-signed Kodi file. Link here OR here OR here. Just in case if the links stop working, here is a step by step guide to convert .deb file of kodi into kodi.ipa.
- Cydia Impactor for your Computer. This software is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. So no problems of having iOS app signer and XCode and all that stuff. Link here.
Install Kodi without jailbreak and XCode
1>Connect your iPhone with your computer, and make sure that it is turned ON.
2>Once your computer detects your iOS device, you can proceed to next step. (If iTunes or some other program pops up then close that first.)
3>Extract the Impactor zip file somewhere in your computer and Open Impactor.exe. Don’t select “Run as Administrator” for Cydia Impactor.
- Make sure that your iOS device is detected by Cydia Impactor. Like in the image shown below, My iPad is detected by Cydia Impactor.
- If there are multilple iOS devices in the list, select the one that you want to install Kodi on.
- After that Drag and drop the ipa file in Cydia Impactor. The ipa file you downloaded from the links given above. (If the links are not working then please comment below and I will update them, I hope my readers will help me making the mirrors
- Now Cydia Impactor will ask you to Enter your Apple ID. Don’t worry, Cydia Impactor comes from /u/saurik who made Cydia. The program is as secure as it gets. Just in case if you don’t want to use your Apple ID, make a new one for this purpose.
- Once you have entered Apple ID credentials, it will start signing the ipa file and will install it in your iPhone or iPad. This can take a couple of minutes so just grab your drink, sit back and relax.
- If you see any warnings while installation, just press OK. Basically it is saying that It may cause some hiccups in your workflow if you are Apple Developer, Which probably isn’t the case.
With in a couple of minutes you will see Kodi in your homescreen. You can not open it yet.
7. To open Kodi, you will need to manually trust the developer certificate which is your own in this case.
8. Go in Settings > General >and right under the VPN, you will find “Profiles” , “Device management” OR “Profiles and Device management”…
9. Now Go inside this option and trust the profile which has your Apple ID. While trusting your developer certificate, stay connected to internet otherwise it will give you error. Now you can Go back and open up Kodi.
Booyakashah, that is kodi onto you’re iDevice, ready to download & install the latest version of our cool kodi Repo here. Complete with Fully automated Epg, 350 Channels of SD, HD & FHD Streams to choose from, 2 Live Events Sections, 1 VOD Section, movies from all the major Uk & USA Networks.
*NB – if you do not see Device Management, Profile etc anywhere….the device owner may not have set up the profile yet, I have had this before. In this case just go ahead & open up kodi. If the user profile does not exist, or you can’t find Device Management or the profile hasn’t been set up…kodi should just open up. Other wise follow the above steps to get the device to see kodi as a ‘Trusted App’.
Before you leave, just keep in mind that you will need to resign Kodi again using Cydia Impactor after 7 days.
This is the policy of Apple, can’t do much on that. But at least it is a lot easier to do than XCode.
sasiptv kodi/Xbmc Repository is free, & comes complete with a fully automated epg & is available available to dowload from here.
To get a free trial & check out the servic e before you buy, head here (mon-fri)
Monthly Quarterly & Annual deals are always available.
- 350 Plus Channels From the Uk, USA & Canada all in SD HD & FHD
- 2 – live Events Sections(linked+Unlinked schedules)
- 1 – VOD Section, full of the latest replays from WWE to EPL To NFL, MBL, replays
- 1 PPV Section
All the major Uk & USA movie & Sports & documentary networks are covered with sasiptv, including Sky, AMC, Showtime, HBO, TNT, USANetwork, FXX, Discovery & National Geo, BtSports, BeinSports, Arena Sports, TSN, WWE, BoxNation & many many more.
we hope you’ve enjoyed the tutorial & look forward to see you soon on the site.